Thanksgiving Blessing by Heart In Hand Needleart

Thanksgiving Blessing by Heart In Hand Needleart
Give Thanks!

Saturday, November 7, 2015

"Stir Crazy" House Project #2 Cornice Board


This was my very 1st attempt at recovering a cornice board.  The "before" fabric in the top picture was from a previous owner of my house, was at least 20 years old and looked "grandma-ish".  This may be also be my last attempt at a cornice board as it took 2 long, full days of muttering under my breath,  a throbbing backache and many do-overs.   (All I could think about was the time I was around 10 years old and the Christmas tree kept falling over.  My dad kept trying to prop it up to no avail so, he heaved it out the front door!  The same thought crossed my mind about this dang board.)  The board is heavy and appears to have been recovered 4 other times. 

Following instructions off Pinterest, I dove in and tackled it.  I did the corners a different way than the instructions called for

and it worked well. 

I absolutely love the new fabric.  It is HGTV Urban Blossoms Harvest.  It totally transformed the look of the board.  I will hang it over the window tomorrow and post another B&A pic.    

No comments:

Post a Comment