Thanksgiving Blessing by Heart In Hand Needleart

Thanksgiving Blessing by Heart In Hand Needleart
Give Thanks!

Saturday, November 7, 2015

"Stir Crazy" House Project #1 Antique Bookcase


When I was working full time, I wanted to quit work and stay home to craft, design, and create whatever I fancied.  Now that I am home much more, I am going stir crazy because I am not constantly on the move as I was at work.  So, I decided to start working on house projects that have been swirling in my mind for months and years to keep me busy.  It was and is time to open up my creative juice box.

Here is my first major project.  I am  kicking myself for not taking a before picture of this 1800's library bookcase given to me by a friend about 7 years ago.  It sat in my garage deteriorating from the weather and dryer vent.  It took a week of cleaning, sanding, staining, varnishing and repeat to uncover the beauty of the wood.  Once I have it filled with books and other sundries, I will post another picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment